Sherlock Holmes: The World’s Greatest Detective

This post was written by Colleen Gerrity, Research Services Assistant. “My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people do not know.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle, 1892 When you think of the word detective, who comes to mind? Maybe Agatha Christie’s Hercule Poirot? Edgar […]

Read More »

Brass Rubbings: A Window to the Past – Brass Rubbings in Special Collections – Part 2

This post was written by Tavia Wager, Research Services Assistant. The George Mason University Special Collections Research Center is lucky enough to have two collections of brass rubbings, one donated by Vida Beaven, and the other by Bernard Brenner. This collection gives researchers the invaluable opportunity to study material culture, images of identity, and practices […]

Read More »

A Journey Through C-SPAN’s Viewer Mail

This post was written by Brandan Culbert. Being an archivist is fun… if you like to read other people’s mail. As an archival assistant, my role consists of reading letters and inputting corresponding information– it sounds mundane but is rather exciting. The current letters I am working on is C-SPAN’s viewer fan mail. If you […]

Read More »

Eleanor in the Archive: An Examination of the Historiography of Eleanor of Aquitaine

This post was written by Tavia Wager, Research Services Assistant. Eleanor of Aquitaine has been examined by many historians, chroniclers, and story tellers over the centuries, but in many ways she remains far more legendary than historical. George Mason University’s (GMU) Special Collections Research Center (SCRC) houses many works which look at Eleanor through various […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: