The Civil War through the Collis S. Hough letters

Well, hello there! It’s so nice to have you back again.  I have a special treat for you today, and—SURPRISE!—it’s not about C-SPAN! Turns out I do have more than one dimension to my personality and I am capable of talking about other subjects.  (I know, you’re thinking, ‘well…..we’ll see.’) Continue Reading

New and Updated Finding Aids – Part Two

Hello one and all! Here is a new addition of New and Updated Finding Aids – enjoy! … Mezzotint portrait of Thomas Augustine Arne engraved by William Humphrey from a painting by Robert Dunkarton This collection was processed by Elizabeth Beckman. “English composer Thomas Augustine Arne, a contemporary of George Continue Reading

Spring Processing Finds

This post was written by Bill Keeler, Processing Student Assistant. Bill has a Bachelor of Arts in History with a focus in American History from George Mason University. The act of reprocessing a collection is about what half of my time here at SCRC is spent doing. While, processing a Continue Reading

Marchives Madness

Guess what!?   Special Collections Research Center is trying something new! We are so excited to be finishing up our new exhibition of staff picks. For the first time, we have created an online exhibition that follows along with our physical one and would love for people to interact. This Continue Reading

New and Updated Finding Aids

The SCRC Processing Team has been hard at work processing and re-processing collections, which means we have some brand spankin’ new and updated finding aids! Find out more below! The Randolph H. Lytton Historical Virginia collection This collection was processed by Processing Student Assistant Bill Keeler. “Fairfax County was originally Continue Reading