New and Updated Finding Aids – Part 2

John Thomson Mason, Jr. letter Letter from John Thomson Mason, Jr. to an unknown recipient, July 7, 1841. The letter was written during Mason’s tenure as U.S. Representative for the sixth district of Maryland. The letter reads: “House of Representatives, July 7, 1841, Dear Sir, You will do me a favor by giving the information […]

Read More »

The Civil War through the Collis S. Hough letters

Well, hello there! It’s so nice to have you back again.  I have a special treat for you today, and—SURPRISE!—it’s not about C-SPAN! Turns out I do have more than one dimension to my personality and I am capable of talking about other subjects.  (I know, you’re thinking, ‘well…..we’ll see.’) Allow me to show you. […]

Read More »

New and Updated Finding Aids – Part Two

Hello one and all! Here is a new addition of New and Updated Finding Aids – enjoy! … Mezzotint portrait of Thomas Augustine Arne engraved by William Humphrey from a painting by Robert Dunkarton This collection was processed by Elizabeth Beckman. “English composer Thomas Augustine Arne, a contemporary of George Friedric Handel, was born in […]

Read More »

Spring Processing Finds

This post was written by Bill Keeler, Processing Student Assistant. Bill has a Bachelor of Arts in History with a focus in American History from George Mason University. The act of reprocessing a collection is about what half of my time here at SCRC is spent doing. While, processing a previously untouched collection is incredibly […]

Read More »

Marchives Madness

Guess what!?   Special Collections Research Center is trying something new! We are so excited to be finishing up our new exhibition of staff picks. For the first time, we have created an online exhibition that follows along with our physical one and would love for people to interact. This exhibition can be found online […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: