George Mason University Pioneer: Eugenie V. Mielczarek

This post was written by Mike Rynearson, Research Services Assistant. In this week’s blog, we took the time to spotlight one of our manuscript collections of a trailblazing woman at George Mason University and in the scientific community. After graduating from Catholic University in 1963 with her Ph.D. in Physics, Continue Reading

University Archives Series: The Office of University Relations Press Releases

This post was written by Zach Greenfield, Student Processing Assistant. Over the course of the semester I have been working as a processing assistant in the Special Collections Research Center. I have had the very interesting job of going through the University Records, specifically the Office of University Relations. What Continue Reading

Ten Years Later: Remembering Roy

This was written by Michael Rynearson. He is a graduate research assistant for the Special Collections Research Center. He has been working with special collections for over a month now. He is a currently a first semester international security graduate student in Schar School of Policy and Government. His academic Continue Reading

Archives Month

October is finally here and that means it’s American Archives Month! Every year since 2006, cultural institutions around the United States participate in events to get the word out about what archives really are, and the role archivists play in preserving and presenting history. George Mason University’s Special Collections Research Continue Reading

Travel Series: The Americas

This post was written by Tiffany Kajer Wright. “I am a grad student in the English department’s Professional Writing and Rhetoric program. If I’m not cooking, I’m probably watching a historical documentary on Netflix. I also love traveling with my husband – I’ve been to 19 countries and counting. I’m Continue Reading