Shared Custody – Working in University Records Management and Special Collections

This post was written by Lana Mason, Records Management Assistant and Processing Student Assistant. Lana has an Associate of Arts degree in Fine Arts from Piedmont Virginia Community College. She is currently studying Art History at George Mason University. Lana was the recipient of the University Libraries Student Assistant Scholarship Continue Reading

A Journey Through C-SPAN’s Viewer Mail

This post was written by Brandan Culbert. Being an archivist is fun… if you like to read other people’s mail. As an archival assistant, my role consists of reading letters and inputting corresponding information– it sounds mundane but is rather exciting. The current letters I am working on is C-SPAN’s Continue Reading

Spring Processing Finds

This post was written by Bill Keeler, Processing Student Assistant. Bill has a Bachelor of Arts in History with a focus in American History from George Mason University. The act of reprocessing a collection is about what half of my time here at SCRC is spent doing. While, processing a Continue Reading

Reprocessing Adventures – The Zelda Fichandler Papers

This post was written by Bill Keeler, Processing Student Assistant. Bill is studying History with a focus in American History at George Mason University. Since processing the Randolph H. Lytton Historical Virginia collection, I have begun reprocessing the Zelda Fichandler papers. I had the chance to poke around the collection and many problems have presented themselves! Continue Reading