Student Reflections – Lana Mason

This post was written by Lana Mason, Processing Student Assistant. Lana has an Associate of Arts degree in Fine Arts from Piedmont Virginia Community College. She is currently studying Art History at George Mason University. Lana is the recipient of the University Libraries Student Assistant Scholarship for the 2018-19 academic Continue Reading

SCRC is Thankful for Student Assistants

The Special Collections Research Center’s full time staff forms the core of our workforce, but we would not be able to efficiently arrange and describe collections and make them available to our users without the dedicated service of our student wage workers and interns. The processing team, which turns boxes Continue Reading

Student Reflections – Lana Mason: A First Foray into Archives

This post was written by Lana Mason, Processing Student Assistant. Lana has an Associate of Arts degree in Fine Arts from Piedmont Virginia Community College. She is currently studying Art History with a minor in Arts Management at George Mason University. I’ve been working as an archival processing assistant at Continue Reading

Student Reflections – Jimmy Luong

This post was written by Jimmy Luong, Processing Student Assistant. Hello, I am a freshman at George Mason University working on my degree as a government major with potentially a focus on international security. I first found out about the Special Collections Research Center when touring the Fenwick Library and Continue Reading

Reflections from Our Interns: William Keeler

This post was written by William (Bill) Keeler, history undergrad and SCRC research services intern since May 2017. I am a history undergrad here at Mason with a focus in American History. I worked for many years in customer service before going to college and hope to be able to Continue Reading