A Journey Through C-SPAN’s Viewer Mail

This post was written by Brandan Culbert. Being an archivist is fun… if you like to read other people’s mail. As an archival assistant, my role consists of reading letters and inputting corresponding information– it sounds mundane but is rather exciting. The current letters I am working on is C-SPAN’s Continue Reading

The C-SPAN Chronicles: Part VI – Lessons Learned

Hello all! Amanda here with another – and sadly the last – of the C-SPAN Chronicles. I thought it would be fun (and informative!) to reflect on the lessons I’ve learned undertaking and completing the processing portion of this project. It has been quite the journey, and since I began Continue Reading

The C-SPAN Chronicles: Part V – Cassette Tapes, and DATS, and U-matics, Oh My! or Processing Audiovisual Materials in the C-SPAN Papers Project

Hello all! Amanda here with another edition of the C-SPAN Chronicles. This week I will be discussing the challenges of processing audiovisual materials in archival collections, and the specific challenges I have encountered when processing them in the C-SPAN papers. Let’s go! Imagine you open a box. Inside are various Continue Reading