Processing from the Outside In: Processing Plan

Hello and welcome back to Processing from the Outside In, where I’ll be sharing with you updates from the James M. Buchanan papers processing project. It’s been six months since I’ve started working on the project, which means we’re one-quarter of the way finished! In my last blog post, I Continue Reading

New and Updated Finding Aids – Part Five

All of these collections are available for use in the Special Collections Research Center. All collections mentioned were processed by Amanda Brent. Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo “Les Sylphides” performance photographs by Sasha Three black and white photographs taken by Sasha to promote a London tour performance of “Les Sylphides” Continue Reading

New and Updated Finding Aids – Part Four

All of these collections are available for use in the Special Collections Research Center. All collections mentioned were processed by Amanda Brent. “La Navarraise” opera scene and costume lithographs Four lithographs featuring one scene and three plates of costume designs for the opera “La Navarraise” by Heugel & Cie, Editeurs Continue Reading

New and Updated Finding Aids – Part Two

Hello one and all! Here is a new addition of New and Updated Finding Aids – enjoy! … Mezzotint portrait of Thomas Augustine Arne engraved by William Humphrey from a painting by Robert Dunkarton This collection was processed by Elizabeth Beckman. “English composer Thomas Augustine Arne, a contemporary of George Continue Reading

Chugging Along: My Year Working in SCRC

This blog post was written by Chris Babbitt, Processing Student Assistant and C-SPAN Digitization Project Assistant. Chris holds a Bachelor of Arts in History with a minor in Economics from George Mason University. He is currently pursuing an M.A. in History from George Mason University. I started at Special Collections Continue Reading